Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Song/Video of the Day!

Low Rising
by The Swell Season

The Swell Season, Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová, is a folk rock duo.  You may recognize them if you've seen the film Once (one of my favorite films, by the way). The Swell Season recently performed at Coachella, an huge arts and music festival in California.

Their third album Strict Joy was released in late 2009.  Every last song on the album is beautiful, but one that has always stood out to me since I first heard it is, Low Rising. I heard it for the first time in a awhile today, and I just had to listen to the whole album. Low Rising is a song about going through a difficult time in a relationship and it seems as though you' ve both reached the lowest point, but there's nothing left to do but finally open up the lines of communication and come to some kind of conclusion.

The video is a excellent interpretation of the song (even if it did make me want to go pee) Check out the video!
         

Official site:
http://www.theswellseason.com

No comments:

Post a Comment