Thursday, March 3, 2011

Song of the Day!

"Twentysomething"
by Jamie Cullum


I've been a huge Jamie Cullum fan since I first heard "All at Sea".  Jamie hails from the UK and I love his jazz style and he is a fantastic pianist.  His song "Twentysomething" [interview and amazing live performance in Blenheim Palace] is the title track to his second album released in 2003.  My older cousin Sol, told me once that this song has so much truth to it.  I was probably 18 at the  time, and I didn't really understand it then.  Listening to it again today when it came up on shuffle made me realize that she was 100% correct, as usual.  Since I recently turned 24, this song makes perfect sense to me.  For all you "twentysomethings" in the transitional phase of your lives, take a listen and I bet after hearing it you will think to yourself, "I get it".









Just a few of my favorites by Jamie Cullum inlcude: "I'm All Over It" (my favorite video of his thus far) and "Love Ain't Gonna Let You Down" [live performance] from his most recent album The Pursuit. "Back To The Ground", and "My Yard" from his 3rd album Catching Tales.  His cover of "Frontin'" by Pharrell Williams, "These Are The Days" from Twentysomething


Official website:
http://www.jamiecullum.com

No comments:

Post a Comment